"Let's Go Fly A Kite" from Mary Poppins
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Lucy and Kyria started this! I don't know how to "tag" people, but I do know how to add hyperlinks, so you can find out more about them by clicking on their names. I'm to list 10 things about me, and apparently I'm supposed to be honest, so here goes.
1. I love people, I really do. When I meet people, I expect to like them and for them to like me. I like people from all over the world because they have so many different perspectives. I have a talent for understanding accents and I think I have a curious mind. I can find something to like about everyone and I can get along with most (since I don't have to live with them).
2. I have lived in several states, have driven across the country twice, ridden the train across the country once, have traveled to Belgium and Paris, and I want to see Alaska, the Grand Canyon, and southern Utah before I leave this world.
3. I wish I'd been a better mother to my boys, but the fact that I have a relationship with them today is such a huge GIFT! In fact, I feel blessed by my whole family. We are interesting people! We never cease to amaze me with our wit, our humor, our love for each other.
4. I don't have any hair on my ass.
5. When I'm on the road with Grant, headed into the mountains or to visit folks, and there's good music on the radio and snacks in the cooler, I just can't imagine life getting much better than this! For now.
6. I am a twin. We are identical, but despite similar features, I weigh about 30 pounds more than her and have larger breasts so it's easy to tell us apart. We have ESP. We both fiddle with our fingers. When we're together, no one can get a word in edge-wise.
7. I practice the Spirituality of Star Trek. I feel that almost any problem can be solved using something I saw/learned on one of the several versions of the show. Star Trek changed my life. When I'm old and stuck in a bed, just show me episodes of Star Trek, a la "Soylent Green"
8. My first love was a Volkswagon bus. When it died, I cried harder than I've ever cried over a guy.
9. If I could do whatever I wanted, I would go to a Third World country and help them build a water purification system. The other thing I'd like to do (if I could) would be to start a Moped Rental Lot in Quincy. I think I'd get a lot of business.
10. When I go to bed, I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I wake up walking and talking. I can nap anywhere. I think I got these talents from my Dad.
Posted by sara at 6:38 PM