Sunday, July 18, 2010

San Diego views

My work sent me to a week-long  ESRI User's Conference  in San Diego.  ESRI produces GIS computer software, as well as cooperates with international organizations in a wide number of applications.  I flew down on Sunday. I thought I ought to try using the Trolley to get around town, so after I checked into my hotel, I found my way down to the Convention Center.  I got to explore before it got really crowded and get myself officially registered.  I met up with my boss and a colleague from our Forest while there, but I didn't hang out with them.  I also had the opportunity to meet up with a former colleague, Felicia, who transferred to Utah.  We got to visit and also meet for lunch at a real funky and fabulous Italian restaurant later that day.  I really enjoyed myself, learned a lot, was a little overwhelmed by everything, and I can now brag that I've been as far south as San Diego!











 




 

 


 







 



 




 



 


 


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fantastic looking city -- so futuristic! love that shot of the palm trees, and those amazing sculptures! a great adventure!

phb said...

Whoosh, quite the trip Sara. Good photos.