Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Third of July & The High Sierra Music Festival

This year, Hobart woke me up early to remind me that I wanted to watch the Ladies Final at Wimbledon (6am start).  Dorothy & Jeffery came out of the Festival (which started on Thursday) to take showers, have breakfast and a visit, and share a birthday celebration with my twin.  It was a beautiful morning to sit out on the deck in the sunshine.  Grant called from Dolores' to wish us both happy birthday.  Matt called, Ben texted me, Kristine came by to be with us for a bit, and Karl & Ruth called later in the day, as did Debby, but we will connect tomorrow.  Jeffery then loaded my bike into the back of his truck and we hit the festival.  D&J have a nice little spot set up for camping, with a big screen tent enclosing their sleeping tent and a little living room area with chairs.  The all important stove & kettle sit within easy reach, as can be seen in one picture below.  Herein are random shots...I only stayed for 4 hours and got a lot!  I rode my bike the two miles home without stopping!  It's been a GREAT birthday!  Thanks everyone!

Oh, by the way, the cigar story goes like this...while camping with Dana & Leslie over Father's Day, we'd all wondered how hand-rolled cigars were made.  We had several guesses, but nobody really knew, so Jeffery said that when he returned to New Orleans, he'd visit a shop where they made them and find out.  He not only came back with the correct method, but he brought 2 cigars home and gifted them to Dorothy.  Proof that Jeffery does smoke during the Hippy Festival.



The High Sierra Music Festival

3 comments:

Unknown said...

these are so great, sara! such fun! and such great people watching.

the photos of you and dorothy are wonderful. i like you in that hat, and that pretty color! my awesome sisters -- happy birthday ladies!

bellabehr said...

Nice pictures Sara. Looks like a good time had by all. Tell Dorthy Happy Birthday and that I said hi.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Great photos! Oh...the hippyness of it all! Happy belated birthday. I did not forget but have been having phone and internet issues these days... Love you! ps...no photo of Nadine this year? I wanted to see her huge tummy.