Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What was lost has been found!

Back in 1997, Jay sent me a dollar in my birthday card (July 3rd), because, he said, "Birthday cards with money in them are fun!".  His birthday is July 31st, so I signed the dollar and stuck it in a card that I sent to him.  Hence began the years of passing the dollar back and forth, each of us signing it before sending.

When Jay passed away, last April, the only thing I wanted from his stuff was this dollar, but it was not to be found easily, and so I gave up on it.  This Christmas, much to my surprise, it was returned to me.  Thank you Jeffery!  I know you know how much this means to me!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh -- that's the best gift EVER. makes me teary just thinking about it. xoxo

sara said...

Me too Lucy...me too!