Saturday, February 05, 2011

Good News!

Isabelle May VanPetten was born on February 4th at 12:06am.  Her daddy called me around 7pm to tell me that Ruth's waters had broken and that they were in the hospital.  He sounded pretty darned excited!  I got to talk to Ruth briefly, and send love to them both.  That night upon retiring, I put the phone near my bed.  I got the call around 12:15, from Karl, with the sound of Isabelle crying in the background.  I can't tell you how much that moved me and started me loving that little girl right away.  Karl sounded exhausted and awed, so I didn't keep him long on the phone.

I have since learned that Isabelle was 7 pound 5 ounces at birth, measures 20.75 inches, has dark hair and eyes, and her mothers "chubby cheeks".  I took the liberty of sharing here the photos that Ruth posted on her Facebook page, but am hoping for more soon!  The family is currently at home.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay grandma sara and grandpa grant! so sweet. i'm all teary for you sister. what a moment.

pam B said...

Welcome to the club of super love. It's the best.

xxxooome