Sunday, September 04, 2011

Sunday morning

I decided that despite Isabelle having plenty of things to play with, I'd let her try out the old-fashioned and much beloved wooden spoon and cooking pot. Here are some of the shots I got of her.




Funny Face!


And then we packed up Ruth, Isabelle, stuff, foods, and headed down to Tobin, where Ruth and Isabelle are spending the night and I was supposed to spend the day.  It was not to be however....

A rock leapt right out into the road and my already meager right front tire made the ultimate sacrifice.
 We were able to pull over into a turn-out at the east end of the Serpentine Canyon.  I texted Grant to come help me, and we used Ruth's phone to call the Wilson's to come get Ruth and Isabelle.  Ruth and I tried to figure out a way to change the tire, but the car is so low, we couldn't get the jack under it.



Isabelle was a real trooper!  (So was her Mama)

Thank gawd for Grant and Jeffery, who finagled something, got the tire changed to the donut, and we all headed our separate ways....me in the truck to keep Grant in sight, him driving my car with the donut tire, and The Wilson's headed down to Tobin with R&I to have their visit.  We'll all get back together tomorrow afternoon for a gathering of friends and family before our girls head back to Reno to take the plane home to Washington!

2 comments:

pam B said...

Glad you were ALL fine. Wow. My Dana went over a rock on a backroad curve this week and it took out a bunch of stuff under her car. She too needed a rescue. Cars.

So much fun to get these glimpses of you all. Hugs.

Unknown said...

now they have a "remember when...." story to tell when isabelle gets older. glad you're all OK, and that your valiant men came to the rescue! xoxo